The Shay Locomotive: An Illustrated History
by Richard A Henderson, John C Benson, George R Kadelak and Steve Hauff
Some things you need to note: –
- This is a pre-order offer. The book won’t be here until September (ish)
- You can only order one copy of this book and no other items in a single order
- As a pre-order before we have any physical stock it will show as a back ordered item
This is going to be a heavy book at 600 pages and will require custom packaging. Shipping one copy will use all the shipping cost and the packaging won’t allow split orders.
EU & ROW customers will find the shipping expensive. I am afraid there is nothing I can do about that. You should also note that you will be responsible for any taxes or fees due in your country.
The Shay Locomotive – An Illustrated History is the most complete, thorough, and accurate book ever produced on this unique and storied locomotive. The authors have spent decades researching, collecting photos, and organizing the information in this all-new volume. The book features:
- More than 600 pages More than 1000 photos, illustrations, and drawings
- Complete listing of every Shay built by shop number, by owner/operator, and by location
- Lima’s involvement in the Shay from the first locomotive by Ephraim Shay in 1881 to the last Shay built in 1945
- Photographs of every single surviving Shay
- 3 Appendices of Patents, Drawings, and Specifications
- Wrecks and mishaps
- Mechanical evolution, and so much more!
No fan of steam will want to miss this instant classic.