COVID19 – Revised Shipping arrangments
A combinaton of my health and the need to isolate plus the Covid19 Situation has resulted in revised shipping arrangements which will be in place until further notice [Short version is I can’t go to the post office – full version here]
Within the UK
All deliveries will be by courier and will cost £7.50.
- You will need to be for the delivery. There will be some distance maintaining alternative to signing for it. (often a phone picture of you with your parcel) or
- You can advise a location it may be left in. [You do need to be aware that leaving the item without proof of delivery forfeits any claim you may have for non delivery]
I realise that this mitigates against the smaller order by imposing the courier cost but currently its that or nothing. The new shipping policy is explained on my blog here
Europe & International
The same issue that makes UK shipping carrier only means Europe and International orders will have to ship with a carrier that will collect the parcel. I can’t quote a price for this until I have picked your order and determined both its weight and its physical size which is not something that can be done before you pay.
The result is: –
- The website will estimate your shipping.
- It will naturally estimate high so that the worst case cost of shipping is covered
- When I book your delivery onto the carrier and get there price I will refund the difference.
I realise this is a bit of a pain but the alternative of working out all the weight and space permutations in advance is such a ridiculous job that the actual alternative is not to do orders outside the UK
Please Ignore the options below – these are pre-covid19 options which we hope to return to when all this is over.
Within the UK
We have two set delivery charges. The shopping cart will calculate which based on contents. Standard Shipping is with APC couriers next day service, the smaller items go with the post office but less frequently.
- £6 is our standard UK order charge.
- £3 is our charge for smaller items and single books and annuals
- There is a £6 additional charge for shipping track which ships in custom made boxes and travels seperately to other parts of your order
There are two zones, Europe & ROW and then two levels within each calculated at the shopping cart.
I’ll be honest it is, at best, a guess. There are so many variables and possibilities in the shape and weight of the shipments it would be a massive exercise to work out and price all the combinations. The safety net for the auto system is this. If it overcharges you massively I’ll refund some of the shipping but, conversely, if it undercharges I reserve the right to invoice for a top up on the shipping before I ship.Shipping
We ship once or twice a week. Whilst we may use a next day carrier within the UK we can’t gaurantee to ship your order same day, or even next day. We are a one man, two cats, operation with many other calls on our time